On my flight to Minneapolis to celebrate a wedding of high school lovers and to be reunited with all of my friends once again. Decided to take a little nap, you know rest your eyes before the weekend of fun commences. My magazine was sitting peacfully on my lap. Close my eyes and start dreaming about the 31 Heroes WOD i just completed.
And before I knew it, I twitched my magazine off of my lap and I’m awake. So much for getting a nap!!
I love flying. I treat myself to a Starbucks and a new magazine to read. Since the new US weekly wasn’t out (read it on the flight to Colorado last week), I Picked up the new Cooking Light magazine. Boy are we in for a treat. There are SO many delicious recipes I want to try.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter cut into pieces
2 tablespoons canola oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
1 large egg white
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix flour, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, pine nuts, and salt in a food processor (or mix by hand). Pulse a few times.
3. Then add butter and canola oil pulse or mix several times until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
4. Pour mixtures into the bottom of an 8 inch square glass baking dish (spray it with cooking spray first); and press this into a crust.
5. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. While this is baking, mix granulated sugar, flour, lemon rind, lemon juice, eggs and egg whites until smooth.
7. Pour over the crust and bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until it is set.
8. Cool completely and chill for at least 2 hours.
9. sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar and enjoy!!
124 calories, 2g protein, 1.3g saturated fat, 2g monounsaturated fat, 1.2 g polyunsaturated fat, 18.5 g carb and .3g fiber
Well I’m in Minnesota, let the adventures begin!!!