So I was chatting with my friend and co-worker about having food we need to use up in our fridge, and she stated she has some zucchini and summer squash that needed to be used up. I ran across this recipe that I shared with her and must share with you.
I haven’t tried it yet, but need to once I go to the store and restock up on veggies.
Zucchini, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Goat Cheese with Orzo
6 Servings 1 1/3 cup
1 (16-ounce) package orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 Summer Squash, peeled and cubed
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon minced fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano
1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and diced
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
1. Cook the pasta in a pan or a dutch oven in accordance to the package.
2. Drain and toss with olive oil.
3. Heat 1 tbsp in a pan. Add zucchini and the summer squash. Cook for about 7 minutes.
4. Add garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Add in parsley, oregano, salt, black pepper, diced tomatoes, red bell peppers. Cook until it is is thoroughly heated.
6. Stir in pasta and cheeses and Enjoy!!!
Nutrition facts per serving:
429 calories, 9.3g fat, 17.4 g protein, 3.9g fiber