I don’t know what my problem has been. This entire week I have been so tired, not motivated, haven’t worked out and eating like crap. I do really well with the meal, but it’s the snacking and the sweets and the junk that are getting me. On top of that, it has been kind of a whirlwind of a busy 2 weeks and I’ve drained myself, NOT SMART!!
It’s amazing how much sleep plays such an important role in your health.
This is what the Harvard Medical School says about not getting enough sleep
The Harvard Women’s Health Watch suggests six reasons to get enough sleep:
- Learning and memory: Sleep helps the brain commit new information to memory through a process called memory consolidation. In studies, people who’d slept after learning a task did better on tests later.
- Metabolism and weight: Chronic sleep deprivation may cause weight gain by affecting the way our bodies process and store carbohydrates, and by altering levels of hormones that affect our appetite.
- Safety: Sleep debt contributes to a greater tendency to fall asleep during the daytime. These lapses may cause falls and mistakes such as medical errors, air traffic mishaps, and road accidents.
- Mood: Sleep loss may result in irritability, impatience, inability to concentrate, and moodiness. Too little sleep can also leave you too tired to do the things you like to do.
- Cardiovascular health: Serious sleep disorders have been linked to hypertension, increased stress hormone levels, and irregular heartbeat.
- Disease: Sleep deprivation alters immune function, including the activity of the body’s killer cells. Keeping up with sleep may also help fight cancer.
Dinner chicken breast, garbanzo beans, lentils, and seduction bread ( of course with dessert and a handful of yogurt covered almonds from Trader Joe’s 🙂 )
So I’ve decided its time to grab my life by the horns and get some more sleep and start eating better( well cutting out the sweets, I am now out of skinny cows and almost out of yogurt covered almonds, no need to replace those vices 🙂 ). Those are foods we only need sometimes not all the time. Wish me luck, this sweet tooth struggles not eating sweets.
Well off to bed, nighty nite!!!