Hello Matey! Okay I’m done with the talk like a pirate day. So much fun to be able to say matey!Today ended up being a marathon day again. Started at 7am and ended at 8pm. Workout went out the door as did preparing some chicken lettuce wraps. Oh well, I still had a delicious dinner of leftovers.
Took the leftover pizza and topped it with some left over carnitas and an hardboiled egg.
It was quite good but I was still hungry. My cousin, Christine, has been following the Paleo diet a lot than I have (day 3 woot woot!!) and she sent me this recipe. I figured it was a perfect time to try it!!
Banana Chocolate Chip Scramble
The Paleo version of Bread Pudding
1 medium ripe banana
2 tablespoons of flaxseeds
splash vanilla extract
1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
Walnut oil for skillet
optional ingredients like berries, nuts, etc.
1. Heat small skillet over medium heat, add Walnut Oil
2. mash banana with fork until creamy consistency. Add egg and vanilla extract, whisk thoroughly. Add almond flour, whisk. Add chocolate chips and any other optional ingredients, fold into batter.
3. Pour batter into heated skillet, let sit undisturbed for 2 mins or until lightly browned on the bottom.
4.Scramble batter, and let sit for 30secs – 1min to brown bottom again.
5. Repeat this step until walnut oil is absorbed and batter begins to look like a bread pudding texture.
6. Top with extra chocolate chips or other optional ingredients and enjoy.
Calories: 263; Total Fat: 9.6 g; Carbohydrate: 41; Protein: 8.7g; Fiber: 7.8g
Printable version: Banana Chocolate Chip Scramble
This totally hit the spot, and I’m stuffed! So day 3. What am I missing: crackers or something crunchy. I think almonds may cure this but I miss having something crunchy. Vegetable crunch is great but not cutting it. Weird I know.
What weird cravings do you have??