Sunday brunches are one of my favorite times in the week. It’s relaxing, delicious and a time to reflect upon the previous week and think about what is coming up next week. Today I had Sunday brunch for one, in my robe, in my kitchen and it was FABULOUS. The chef ( 🙂 ) made delicious Carrot Craisin Pancakes that are out of this world. They low in fat, high in potassium and an easy way to add vegetables into your diet!
Carrot Craisin Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 maple sugar syrup (can use 1/2 cup of granulated sugar)
1 tsp agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup almond milk
2 cups chopped carrots
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
1/8 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple sugar.
2. Stir in agave nectar, egg, vanilla, and almond milk
3. preheat griddle or frying pan. Stir in the carrots and walnuts until well mixed.
4. Grease pan and with a 1/4 cup scoop dough onto pan.
5. Flip pancake in 2-3 minutes and cook til golden.
6. While the pancakes are cooking; mix together yogurt, powdered sugar, and cinnamon.
7. Once pancakes are done, put a dollop of topping onto pancakes and enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Per pancake:
100 calories, 2.7 g fat, 16 g carbohydrate, 3.7 g protein, 210.3 mg sodium
What is your favorite Brunch food?