Hot wings, 7-layer bean dip, French onion dip, pigs in a blanket, brownies, and beers a plenty fill the room at any super bowl party. There are more sides of food at this party than players on the field!!
The average American Consumes 1,200 calories during the superbowl. Between the intense plays, blocked field goals, and hail mary touchdowns, let’s call a time out on consuming so many calories on this glorious Sunday.
This week we will look at lightened up superbowl food that is light on the calories, not on the flavor.
Southwestern Bean Dip
- 1 16-ounce can nonfat refried beans, preferably “spicy”
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack, or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned sliced black olives, (optional)
- Combine refried beans, black beans, scallions, salsa, cumin, chili powder and jalapeños in a medium bowl. Transfer to a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave on High until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread sour cream evenly over the hot bean mixture, then scatter with lettuce, tomato, avocado and olives (if using).
Nutrition Information per ½ cup serving:
146 calories; 7 g fat ( 3 g sat , 3 g mono ); 12 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein;5 g fiber; 288 mg sodium; 164 mg potassium.
This week has been a busy week and it’s only Tuesday. However today I was reminded how awesome a workout can feel. My arms are still shacking from this WOD. Based upon the WOD, here’s a home friendly workout you can do! All you need is a jump rope and some free weights!
Arm Shaking, Happy That’s Over Workout
90 single jump ropes or 30 double unders
15 overhead presses
10 squats holding the weight overhead
picture found on fitnessmagazine.com
complete as quickly as you can!!
What is your favorite arm workout?