Happy Friday!! Yesterday I was off and absolutely enjoyed my day off. I don’t get them a lot but since I’m working the weekend, I get 2 week days off. Since I started working, I savor having days off. They are my time to catch up, do housework, appointments, shopping, and make delicious meals. This morning was no exception. Breakfast was inspired by Girl Scout cookies. Ever since I was little Samoa cookies (or for the silly people out there: Caramel Delights) have been my favorite. However they are not quite a breakfast food. Problem solved!
Pancakes are one of my favorite foods, especially when i create something SO good! This is one of those recipes. They also are good for you and not a ballizon calories.
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tablespoon Wheat germ
1 teaspoon Baking Powder,
1 1/2 tablespoon cacao nibs
1/4 cup Oats
2 tablespoons of coconut flakes
3 tablespoons Egg whites,
3/4 cup almond milk
3 tablespoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
2 teaspoons coco powder
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1. In a medium bowl mix flour, wheat germ, baking powder, cacao nibs, oats, and coconut flakes.
2. Mix in the egg whites, almond milk, agave nectar, and peanut butter. If the Batter is a too thick add more almond milk.
3. Heat up pan, and scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto pan.
4. Flip pancakes once batter starts to bubble.
5. While the pancakes are cooking, mix up the yogurt, coco powder and the agave nectar.
6. Once pancakes are golden brown, plate, spoon the topping on top of the pancakes, sprinkle coconut flakes on top and enjoy!
Per Pancake: 120 calories, 2.9 g fat, 21.4g carbohydrates, 3.9g protein, 2.5g fiber, and 95 mg sodium
Enjoy these delicious pancakes, I’m off to go do dishes
What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie?