As summer approaches light desserts sound oh so appealing. I found a recipe my Ina Garten and I adapted it to make it a bit healthier. I have a hear time using full fat dairy products. The original recipe can be found here: Lemon Yogurt Cake. Here is my version and it’s delicious!
Lemony Summer Cake
Makes 12 servings
1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup agave nectar
2 lemons zested
juice of 2 lemons
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 lemon- juice (about 1/4 cup)
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Mix whole wheat flour, flaxseed, sugar, and baking powder together in the smaller bowl.
3. In a larger bowl zest the lemons, add the yogurt, agave nectar lemon juice, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir in the dry ingredients.
4. Pour into a sprayed pan and bake for 40 minutes.
5. While it is baking, whip together the confectioners sugar and the lemon juice.
6. Once the cake is cool, drizzle the topping on and enjoy!
I added some dark chocolate and blackberries, SO delicious.
Printable recipe found here
What is your favorite summer dessert??