It’s always crazy how fast the weekends fly by and before we know it, the alarm is going off and it’s Monday. Well here’s to a new week!! Over the weekend I was craving guacamole. I have made some excellent guac, and have had some epic guac fails. These fails usually come from not following a recipe and me trying to be Giada or Bobby Flay and getting creative. Well I have found a recipe that needs no changing. I realize that I’m bit behind to making this recipe, but surprise it’s Chipotle’s guac recipe!!
Image found here
This guac is AMAZING. It’s simple and quick to make, and just delicious! Here’s why you should eat avocados:
- They are heart healthy. Avocados are high in monounsaturated fat, the good fat that helps lower your bad cholesterol or LDL cholesterol. Avocados also contain plant sterols which also help your good cholesterol.
- Avocados are good for your eyes. They contain 2 carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin, that help slow down age related eye issues.
- Keep your bones strong. Avocados are high in vitamin K. Vitamin K can help increase calcium absorption.
- Cancer fighter. Avocados are a good source of folate. Eating food high in folate can help decrease the risk of developing breast, colon, stomach, pancreatic, and cervical cancers.
- It keeps you regular. Avocados contain approximately 6-7 grams of fiber per half. This also will promote weight loss by keeping you feeling full longer.
The recipe can be found on Chipotle’s website
If you haven’t tried this guac yet, go buy some avocados, red onions, cilantro, and jalapeños and make yourself a batch. You won’t regret it!!