Carrot Craisin Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 maple sugar syrup (can use 1/2 cup of granulated sugar)
1 tsp agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup almond milk
2 cups chopped carrots
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
1/8 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple sugar.
2. Stir in agave nectar, egg, vanilla, and almond milk
3. preheat griddle or frying pan. Stir in the carrots and walnuts until well mixed.
4. Grease pan and with a 1/4 cup scoop dough onto pan.
5. Flip pancake in 2-3 minutes and cook til golden.
6. While the pancakes are cooking; mix together yogurt, powdered sugar, and cinnamon.
7. Once pancakes are done, put a dollop of topping onto pancakes and enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Per pancake:
100 calories, 2.7 g fat, 16 g carbohydrate, 3.7 g protein, 210.3 mg sodium