Very Berry Wheat Germ Pancakes
1 large egg
1 cup whole wheat flour*
½ cup wheat germ ( I used Bob’s Red Mill)
1 cup mik
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
3 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1-2 cups of mixed berries
* To make it gluten free use 1 cup of brown rice flour, white rice flour, sorghum flour, millet, or teff.
1. In a medium bowl, beat an egg until fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until smooth.
Add berries last. If you use frozen, thaw the berries first, then drain so you don’t add all the juice to the batter.
2. Heat skillet. To test if your skillet is hot enough, put a bit of water on the skillet; if the water droplets jump around youre good to go.
3. Greas the skillet with some oil.
4. Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet, cook the pancake until it starts to bubble, then flip! Cook until golden brown.
Yields: 9 4-inch pancakes
155 calories, 4 g protein, and 2.5 g of protein