Black Bean Cakes
(Adapted from Cooking Light September 2012)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large egg
1 (15 ounce) can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
1 ½ cups of cooked lentils
½ cup cracker or bread crumbs
¼ cup chopped green onion
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 garlic clove chopped
1. Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, egg, black beans, lentils in a food processor. Pulse until it turned into a choppy paste.
2. Mix in bread crumbs, onions, cilantro, cumin, crushed red pepper, and garlic clove into a bowel with the bean mixture.
3. put the rest of the bread crumbs on a dish.
4. Create ½ inch patty from the mixture and dredge in the bread crumbs.
5. Cook on a skillet or pan for about 3-4 minutes per side or until the outside becomes golden brown.
Serve with a salad, or an egg and enjoy!!