Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ onion chopped
2 scallions, sliced
1 ½ cups canned in water or frozen artichokes (thaw first), chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic or 3 cloves
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup white wine
½ cup crème fraiche
6 chicken breasts or 4 oz
Pepper (and if you need salt) to taste
1. Heat oil in a skillet, Saute the onions, scallions, artichokes, garlic and mushrooms for about 3 minutes or until the onions start to become translucent but don’t burn the garlic.
2. Add lemon juice and wine. Stir well
3. Whisk crème fraiche into the skillet. Bring to a boil then decrease the heat to a simmer. Keep heat low until the chicken is done.
4. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and grill until chicken is done (internal temp. 165F).
5. Plate and serve with ½ cup of sauce
Nutrition Facts: Per serving
240 calories, 9 g total fat, 9g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 29 g protein