Grilled Skirt Steak and Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
From Cooking Light August 2012
1 cup boiling water
1 dried guajillo chile, stemmed
3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, divided
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
8 garlic cloves, divided
1 (1-pound) skirt steak, trimmed
1/2 cup sliced onion
8 ounces tomatillos, husks removed
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
Dash of sugar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Mix boiling water and chile in a small bowl; let stand for about 10 minutes or until hydrated.
2. Once it is hydrated, drain the chiles and chop it up.
3. Mix chopped chile, oregano, juice, oil, and cumin and 4 minced garlic cloves. This is your marinade.
4. Put this with steak into a baggie and let stand for one hour..
5. Once marinated, preheat oven to 450°.
6. Crush the last 4 garlic cloves. Put the garlic, onion, tomatillos on a baking sheet and spray with some cooking spray.
7. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes
8. Combine this tomatillo mix with the last 2 tablespoons of organo, 1 tablespoon of juice, ½ tsp cumin, salt, pepper, and sugar into a blender or food processor and blend it smooth.
9. Go get your grill ready.
10. Grill the marinated steak until the thickest part is 135 degrees. ( if you feel the need, sprinkle with salt and pepper, but it should be okay without it)
11. Serve with the tomatillo sauce and enjoy!!