Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic
From Cooking Light August 2012
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
8 oz spaghetti
2 pints cherry tomatoes
4 garlic cloves, sliced
¼ tsp black pepper
2 oz parmigiano-reggiano cheese
¼ cup basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 450F
2. Boil water in a large pot; add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain but leave about 6 tablespoons or about 1/3 cup of pasta water.
3. Mix the pasta water and 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Bring to a boil.
4. Add oil to pasta
5. While the pasta cooks, add the rest of the olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, and mix it up.
6. Bake at 450F for 11 minutes or until tomatoes are lightly browned
7. Add the tomato mixture, salt and pepper to the pasta; and top with cheese and basil.
Nutrition Info Per serving:
417 calories, 11.1g monounsatured fat, 14.1g protein, 49.8 g carb