Tomato and Eggplant Tart
Adapted From Cooking Light 2012
½ (14.1 oz) package refrigerated pie dough
2/5 oz ( 2/3 cup) fontina cheese, plus a bit more for topping
½ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
1/3 cup sliced shallots
1 heirloom tomato cut into ½ inch thick slices ( I used regular tomatoes from the farmers market)
½ of an eggplant sliced into ½ inch thick slices
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1 tablespoon thyme
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ tablespoon grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
3 large eggs ( I used 1 egg and egg whites)
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
1. preheat oven to 350F
2. Roll out dough, press into a 9 inch deep dish tart or spring form pan ( I used a pie pan) and spray with cooking spray
3. Sprinkle with fontina cheese, olives, and shallots.
4. arrange ½ of the eggplant and tomato slices on the shallots.
5. Combine the flour, cornmeal, thyme and sprinkle over the eggplant and tomatoes; add remaining tomatoes and eggplant.
6. Combine milk, eggs, and Parmigiano-Reggiano, and pour mixture into the dish.
7.vTop with leftover cheese and some of the basil.
8. bake for about 40 minutes or until set. Add the remaining basil leave and enjoy!
Nutrition facts per serving:
244 calories, 13.9g fat, 5.1g monounsaturated fat, 8.9g protein, 22.7g carbohydrate, 1.6 g fiber