Lightened up Mint Julep
Found on cookinglight.com
Makes 8 servings
3 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar ( can substitute equal amounts of Splenda to decrease sugar content)
2/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint
1 cup bourbon
8 lime wedges
Mint sprigs (optional)
1. Mix 3 cups water and sugar in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in chopped mint. Then remove from heat and cool completely. (This is an easy way to make a simple syrup)
3. Strain sugar mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
4. Stir in bourbon. Cover and freeze 8 hours or until firm.
5. Remove mixture from freezer; let stand 15 minutes. Scrape entire mixture with a fork until fluffy.
6. Place about 1/2 cup into glasses.
7. Serve with 1 lime wedge and garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Nutrition facts: Calories: 211, 0 fat, .2 grams protein, 38 g carbohydrate, 2mg sodium